Another year has come and gone and it is now officially 2013. I guess the Mayan Apocalypse didn't happen after all.
I've always been a big advocate of making goals and this year is no different. Goals help you plan out your future and enable you to break down big things into smaller pieces that are more easily finished.
I am using the Zig Ziglar wheel of life to make sure that my goals cover all of the areas in my life.
Since my goals are more holistic, I'm not going to waste time discussing them all, but here are a few highlights:
In 2013, I resolve to:
- Finish a web app I've been working on for a long time.
- Write a blog entry every week. I've been falling down on the job and this blog can be a lot better if there is more content
- Pay off a section of our student loans. If we really focus and nothing crazy happens, we can have them all paid off in four years. Having to pay off over 80K in student loans definitely makes you wonder if college is worth the price
- Build an office shed. It will give us more room in the house and it will be really nice to have a dedicated stand-alone working space
- Start a garden. I've got some big plans for growing a ton of produce in my front yard. There isn't sufficient sunlight in our back yard, so I'm going to need to make it look nice so it isn't an eyesore
I love accomplishing goals. I usually make sub-goals on a weekly basis that help me to accomplish my long-term goals.
What goals do you have for the new year?